Displaying 2 items added on November 4, 2015 / View all
Presentation of a plaque to Reginald Gibbs in recognition of the company’s long association with the Austin Motor Company. This plaque is displayed in the Gibbs display at the Rural Life Centre.
1959 newspaper article celebrating the arrival of the new the Austin 7, soon to be renamed the Mini.
Austin merged with Morris in 1952 to become BMC and later with Leyland (1968) to form British Leyland. Throughout this period, Gibbs was given increased status with the company, becoming a leading supplier of vehicles.