As time passed the business flourished and the range of goods and clientele expanded. Although agricultural wagons and implements remained the mainstay of the business, the firm expanded into building private carriages, commercial vehicles and other work. The floor of the shed used to build wheeled vehicles sloped slightly so that new vehicles could be tested to make sure they ran smoothly before they were sold. Gibbs was also the first supplier of bicycles in the area.
Awarded first prize at the Middlesex Agricultural Society Show on the 5th October 1900. The winner’s plaque can be seen in the Gibbs history display at the Rural Life Centre.