Displaying 4 items added on January 14, 2016 / View all
The white building in the central foreground was the Gibbs showroom in Ripley, Surrey. The workshops were located to the rear of the building.
COLES OF BRACKNELL
Gibbs acquired the firm Coles of Bracknell, Berkshire on 1st February 1947. This firm of agricultural engineers was bought from the Bunch family, Ernie Bunch (son) stayed on to work for Gibbs. The Bracknell operation was forced to close in 1967 when the site was compulsorily purchased by the Bracknell New Town Development Corporation.
The Ripley branch was built on the site of Ryde House School.