Displaying 1 item added on February 1, 2016 / View all
Royal warrants are a mark of recognition that tradesmen are regular suppliers of goods and services to the Royal households. Strict regulations govern the warrant, which allows the grantee or company to use the legend 'By Appointment' and display the Royal coat of arms on his products, such as stationery, advertisements and other printed material, in his or her premises and on delivery vehicles.
The firm of J. Gibbs held royal warrants for supplying agricultural machinery and implements to the royal household. The first was awarded by King George VI in 1951 and was followed by further royal warrants from Queen Elizabeth II until 1997 when the company ceased trading. In 1966 the Royal Warrant included the supply of motor cars as well as agricultural machinery.